Become a Member
Members of Bromley & Lewisham Mind have a special connection to the charity. They are responsible for the election of the Trustees who ensure its smooth running.
You might want to become a member because you or someone you know has been helped by Bromley & Lewisham Mind or MindCare Dementia Support, or you might just want to be better informed about and more involved in what’s going on.
You do not need to become a member to access our services, but applications from service users and carers are very welcome.
As a member you will:
- have the opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction and planning
- help us challenge the stigma surrounding mental health and dementia
- be able to vote to elect Trustees to the Board and stand for election as a Trustee at the AGM
- receive a members introductory pack
- receive the bi-monthly Bromley & Lewisham Mind newsletter
- receive email updates on mental health and dementia issues
- receive our Annual Review and Annual Accounts.
From July 2014, membership subscriptions are:
- £15 per annum (Full rate)
- £5 per annum (Unwaged/Pensioner rate)
- £150 for Life Membership
- £0 (free) for charities/voluntary organisations
- minimum £25 for private companies.
To become a member, please complete the membership application form and
send it, enclosing your subscription payment or standing order instruction to:
Membership Secretary, Bromley & Lewisham Mind,Anchor House, 5 Station Road, Orpington, BR6 0RZ.
Conditions of Membership
In accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of the Association, membership entails accepting liability for payment of up to £1 in the event of Bromley & Lewisham Mind being wound up.
Processing your application
Details of prospective members of Bromley & Lewisham Mind are submitted to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Information that you give here about yourself is confidential to Bromley & Lewisham Mind and will not be given out without your permission.