The Recovery College provides peer and professional led courses, held throughout Bromley borough, that inform and explore ways to manage mental health problems, improve wellbeing, skills and help people achieve personal goals and ambitions.
Recovery College courses are:
- designed and delivered by people with lived experience of mental health challenges working in partnership with clinicians, mental health practitioners or other professionals
- free (although a small charge is made for materials on the woodwork programme)
- are held at venues across the London Borough of Bromley.
- understanding recovery from mental health problems
- managing mental health conditions and learning about assertiveness
- personal wellbeing and health (yoga, tai chi, meditation and mindfulness)
- life skills and moving towards education and employment (IT, CV writing and job interview skills)
- creativity and self-expression (woodwork, photography, acting, art and dance).
Courses start at various times from late April, May and June 2017.
Prospectus and Application Form
There has been exceptional early demand for printed Recovery College Summer Term 2017 prospectuses. More printed prospectuses and application forms will be available from around 5th April.
Find out more about who can attend the Recovery College and registration on the Recovery College page.