- Job type
- Expiry date
- reasonable expenses paid
Make a difference to local mums by delivering practical, social and listening support for pregnant and new mums across the Bromley borough.
We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of managing their own mental health difficulties during pregnancy, birth or post-birth periods (this is often called the perinatal period).
We ask that you:
- have good communication skills.
- understand the pressures and stresses facing women during pregnancy, birth and as new mums.
- are willing to talk from your own experience in an appropriate way.
- are reliable, consistent and dependable.
We will provide training and support which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need.
To get involved in this exciting opportunity to develop your own skills as well as supporting local mums to look after their mental health, we are asking you to:
- attend our centres for up to six days training (once a week, usually half days) during August-September.
- commit to at least 12 weeks befriending support (delivered at mutually agreed times, likely to be around 2 hours per week).
You will be carefully matched with a local mum to fit around your existing commitments.
Befriending will start from September 2017.
Our volunteers say:
- “The project for me has been invaluable in terms of experience, confidence growth and acquisition of new skills.”
- “I offer my time, my willingness to learn and improve peoples’ experience of motherhood, and in return, I gain access to ways of improving my knowledge further and have, as a bonus, made wonderful friends and contacts!”
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th August 2017
To Be Confirmed