- Job type
- Expiry date
- reasonable expenses paid
Make a difference to local mums by helping to deliver wellbeing and resilience sessions to pregnant and new mums in Children’s Centres across the Lewisham borough.
We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of managing their own mental health difficulties during pregnancy, birth or post-birth periods (this is often called the perinatal period).
We ask that you:
- have good communication skills
- understand the pressures and stresses facing women during pregnancy, birth and as new mums
- are willing to talk from your own experience as appropriate (to share your resilience story and experience of motherhood as part of session discussions)
We will provide training and support which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need.
To get involved in this exciting opportunity to develop your own skills as well as supporting local mums to look after their mental health, we are asking you to:
- attend our centres for up to three days training during October.
- help run at least one 5 week course (up to 3 hours once a week) from November .
All of our courses will run over school term time in Children’s Centres across the Lewisham borough.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced level Disclosure and Barring Service check
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form below and return by email to email@example.com
Monday 6 November 2017
Week commencing 9th October 2017.