- Expiry date
- £22,700 for 28 hours per week
- £22,700 for 28 hours per week (based on a FTE of £30,402 for 37.5 hours per week)
- Permanent role
- Based in Royal Borough of Greenwich
We are currently working towards a merger with Greenwich Mind. This role will be based there (54-56 Ormiston Road, SE10 0LN).
The Mindline and crisis counselling service at Mind in Greenwich has been supporting people for approximately 35 years. The service works to:
- reduce risk to people in crisis
- strengthen people’s ability to manage emotional difficulties and mental distress,
- prevent people being admitted to hospital.
It is highly valued in the community both by those that use the service and those who refer people to this support.
Telephone support via Mindline is available Monday to Friday and for 2 evenings during the week. For people who need face-to-face counselling, the service can offer crisis counselling appointments.
This important role will co-ordinate all Mindline and crisis counselling activities, supporting a team of dedicated volunteer counsellors.
We are looking for a qualified counsellor, experienced in counselling people in crisis – over the telephone, on-line and in person. You will have worked with volunteer counsellors. You will share our dedication to supporting people experiencing mental distress to make a change in their life.
Staff benefits include
- a matched contribution pension scheme,
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata, rising with service)
- quality supervision and training opportunities.
For an informal chat about this role please call to speak to Libby or Stanya on 020 8853 2395.
Bromley & Lewisham Mind is a dynamic, successful provider of mental health and dementia services with a reputation locally and nationally for quality and innovation. With an annual turnover of more than £3m, over 100 staff and 150 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network.
9am on Monday 26 March 2018
Likely interview date
Wednesday 18 April 2018